Friday, October 1, 2010

College Football - Week 5

I'm not sure who is creating the SEC schedule this year but it is beyond unusual. The first couple weeks started out with a couple noon games that I don't remember ever happening. Then they went with 0 or one 3:30 game and all the rest at 7:00. It was hard to watch six games at once, and it will be hard to watch four games at once this week when they switch the majority of games to noon. Can't we stagger these games a little bit? What ever happened to playing 1:30 and 2:30 games. What about the 5:30 kick? I guess those are gone with the TV start times but there has got to be a better way.

Mississippi State is playing a day game for the first time this year at noon vs. Alcorn State. That should be an easy win to say the least...I'm expecting a 40 point cruise to victory and plenty of rest to get ready for Houston and Florida. Auburn is playing ULM and it couldn't be at a better time after 3 really tough games. I'm not sure a Sun-Belt team gets you a super easy victory and your players plenty of rest but I'm sure Auburn will be able to pull away by a substantial margin in the 2nd half. Vanderbilt is going to UConn and I think they've got a shot. It's a 7 point spread and I think they can cover for sure. I like Robby Caldwell and they have had two weeks to prepare after a big win at Ole Miss. I'm taking Vandy, 21-17. Kentucky is going to Oxford, MS and this should be an interesting game. Ole Miss' prized defense hasn't been able to stop anyone and so I don't think they will be able to stop Randall Cobb and the Wildcats. The question is how will Masoli and UK's defense play. I hate Ole Miss and I want them to lose again at home, plus I think it will happen...Kentucky wins.

Tennessee is going to LSU, lucky for them it's a day game. Unlucky for them it's their first road game and they stink. LSU wins by three touchdowns. Georgia fans are all pissed off at Mike Bobo and upset about this terrible start. They get A.J. Green back and they will need to pull it together to win at Colorado. They have a better team than the Buffalos, and I think they've hit rock bottom and will come back up away from their disgruntled fans win a solid win, 30-20. Arkansas and South Carolina are not playing this week.

The big game is Florida at Alabama. Bama is an 8 point favorite which tells me Vegas doesn't really think Florida's offense is back even after that explosion last Saturday vs. Kentucky. The Tide's secondary made some key picks last week but they also gave up a lot of yards to Mallett. I'm not so sure that is going to be a huge problem as Florida's receiving corps have under-performed all year. Right now Bama looks unstoppable, especially at home, however I think Florida has the D line to contain Ingram and Richardson and in the end the difference will be Florida's offense executing in the 2nd half. It's too hard to pick against Alabama at home and I'm not going to do it here. Tide win, 28-24.

I'm going to take Clemson at home vs. Miami...I think they will be the most physical team in the ACC this year, big win for Dabo. I'll take Wisconsin over Michigan State on the road. I think Oklahoma gets Texas back for the past couple years and handles them in the Red River Shootout. I still think Iowa is a good team and I like them to beat Penn State at home. I think Jake Locker is highly overrated but I'm going to take him and Washington to upset USC in Los Angeles. The second biggest game of the day is Stanford at Oregon in what could be a game for the PAC 10 title. I like Oregon at home but very close.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment