Sunday, September 5, 2010

Types of Food

As I've said before, I love food. So, naturally I have an opinion on which types of food are the best. I haven't tried every type of food, like Indian or Mediterranean, but one day I will and I will update my list. But for the ones I have tried, which is most of them, I have ranked them because I enjoy doing that.

There are tons of different types of food, and you can come up with categories and sub-categories, but for the purpose of this I'll stick with going by countries if their outside the U.S., and then regionally inside the U.S.

1. Seafood - I don't get to eat seafood enough, I absolutely love it. I probably love crab the best, flounder, snapper, lobster, (I'll include catfish in this category), grouper, shrimp, oysters, the list could go on forever. Fresh seafood is amazing, I love to eat it.

2. American Beef - Steaks, hamburgers, roast beef and all the great meals we eat in America that come from the cow.

3. Southwest - I love chipolte, whether it be mayo or a homemade chipolte...I like it on a ton of stuff. The salsa, seasonings, and all the great aspects of southwest food (especially the spicy stuff) make it great.

4. American Chicken - Chicken sandwiches, wings, etc. Everybody likes chicken. It's something you can eat 5 times a week and not get burnt out on...so it makes the top 5.

5. Cajun - I love Cajun food. Cajun spices are the best, and they come up with some great tasting meals...and they incorporate seafood a ton. I'm no Cajun cook but I do put Tony's seasoning on a ton of stuff.

6. American Pork - Ribs, B-B-Q, pork chops, etc. I don't know how Jews can resist the great taste that comes from a pig. Fried pork chops, bacon, B-B-Q sandwiches, bacon, baby back ribs, bacon, tenderloin, bacon. So good.

7. Southern - Of course, being a southerner I would be remiss if I didn't include some southern home cooking. Most of the time it starts with fried chicken and goes from there with vegetables, biscuits, and of course a sweet tea.

8. Mexican - Mexican is great because it's cheap and it's good too. Tacos are one of the most versatile foods there is. I love Mexican cheese, salsa, rice, and all the great things on the Mexican menu....how come Canada doesn't have any food?

9. Italian - I think Italian food is a little overrated but it is still really good. I find it interesting that it seams like all meals are either red and white or green and white. I guess it's the tomato sauce or the pesto and spinach.

10. Chinese - Chinese food is a really good cheap meal. Chicken, beef, pork...it doesn't matter, it will probably taste the same depending on what sauce they put it in. Throw in some vegetables, rice, egg roll, and soup and there you have it. Hot & Sour soup is probably my favorite aspect of Chinese food.

11. Japanese - For no reason Japanese food is expensive. It's cool to go to a Hibachi Grill but it really isn't anything spectacular. Pretty good though.

12. Greek - I don't have too much experience with Greek food other than gyros and lamb, but I like it ok. Feta cheese is a great cheese.

13. French - I don't have too much experience with French food either but I do like French bread. French food seems to come highly recommended by food aficionados, but there aren't many resteraunts around. I need to try some more.

14. Brazilian - I've had Brazilian once, and all I remember is the endless chain of meats coming my way...I love meat so it was a good meal. But I don't remember it being all that spectacular for the most part.

15. Cuban - I'm basing this on the panini, which I don't find to be all that great. I prefer softer bread, but they are ok I guess.

I may have missed some but I think I covered the major ones. I love food and that is why I really don't have any complaints about any of these, and that is all of the ones I could think of that I've tried.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment