Saturday, September 4, 2010

Football is in full gear today!

I'm actually not going to be settled into my recliner today tuned into my High-Def TV. Since it's Labor Day I'm using the holiday as a chance to enjoy one last time at the lake to close out the summer. It kind of sucks that the first weekend of college football is Labor Day weekend because I'm always out of town, but that's the way it is.

But there is no way I'm going to soak up the sun all day without tuning into some games...even if it's just on an old-fashioned tube TV. There will be plenty of games at the 12:00 hour, just none that are really exciting...so I can check in with those games every now and then while I enjoy the outdoors. Come 3:30 I'll be ready to experience the day full throttle. There should be plenty of excitement then and for the 7:00 games, but they will all pale in comparison to the LSU/North Carolina game (although Mississippi State is playing at the same time). Not only do I love to eat Chick-Fil-A, but they are great sponsors of college football and they've done a great job creating this kickoff classic every year.

Let's face it, today is an appetizer...the entree starts next week with a full slate of awesome games and continues to Thanksgiving. I guess you could call Monday night's Virginia Tech/Boise State game the salad before the meal (but I'd prefer a great tasting soup). And you could go so far as to say championship weekend is the desert for the entree that is the regular season. Food and football, does it get any better?

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment