Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Be a Man

I am a male, but that doesn't make me a man. There are also females, but that doesn't make them a woman. One of the things that has been skewed in our society is gender roles. I don't know what really makes a woman, although I have a good idea...but what I do know is about being a man.

I can't understand why anyone who calls himself a man would back down from a challenge. I'm not saying a food-eating challenge or a board game challenge, I'm talking about swallowing your fears a little bit and proving your manhood. Responding to others who says you can't do something, climbing that wall even though you don't want to look down, stepping up to take the heat when no one knows what to do including you, and sticking your neck out on the line for those you're trying to protect.

My wife can do most all of the things I can do, with the exception of those things that require a little extra strength or height. But that doesn't mean she should do those things when I should be doing them. I'm certainly not going to let my wife drive me around in the car. When I see a guy being driven around by his woman it makes me sick, how can you force the responsibility and hassle of driving on her, do your job and be the leader. My wife isn't going to mow the grass, take out the trash, use the hammer, or kill the bugs...I'm dirty, I smell, I will be the one to have the sweat on my forehead and the cuts on my hand rather my woman. What kind of person are you if you allow her to do these things when you're able to do them?

I've been to many a family gathering or and group gathering where people are preparing to eat a meal together. It makes me cringe if I have to hear a lady say the blessing because her husband wouldn't step up to the plate and say it. If it's your house, be a man and say the blessing. I've never seen a couple where the wife wanted to say it when she had a perfectly capable husband who should be the leader and say it. Not only are you not acting like a man, but it even says in the Bible that the man should be the spiritual leader, and part of that is saying the blessing in a group. I have no problem with a woman saying it, but as a man, I feel that it is my duty.

If you can't change a tire then there is no way you should be able to call yourself a man. I don't know how any woman worth her salt would be involved with some guy who cannot change a tire. Now I know there are guys out there who can't do this, and without a doubt they drive a car. How can you feel like a man in a car? Get a truck or an SUV, have some blood in your veins and some grit in your mouth.

Nobody has to prove their manhood to me or anybody else, but you should want to prove it to yourself. Step up to the plate and don't be a wuss. Show your woman you're actually worth having around, and your not just something she could get out of her gay friend. Be a man. And if you're one of those guys who says, "you can call me a wuss all you want" or that this stuff doesn't matter then your exactly who I'm talking about, a nancy boy.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment