Sunday, September 26, 2010

French Fries

You can call them french fries, freedom fries, french-fried potatoes, fries, chips, wedges or whatever but who doesn't like french fries? You can get them anywhere and they are a great compliment to your sandwich or burger. There are all kinds of fries, and I think there are various ways to eat them. So I'm going to give my list of the top places to get fries...and my choice of dipping sauce if any.

*If I say ketchup, I mean warm ketchup - the way it's served at a restaurant...cold ketchup is disgusting.

1. Zaxby's - I know their fries are just frozen from a bag that they fry but I love to eat them. The Zax sauce is awesome and they always use just the right about of seasoned salt. Just thinking about them makes me want to go there right now.

2. Chili's - I love Chili's fries. They are as solid as it gets, perfectly seasoned and they taste great with a variety of dipping sauces. I use ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, honey-chipolte, etc...whatever they serve the meal with.

3. Five Guys - The burgers are okay--I prefer flame broiled myself, but the fries are awesome. They are perfectly salted and go great with no condiments, they taste great all by themselves. They also have great fountain cherry coke which is nice to wash them down with.

4. Chick-Fil-A - They've got great waffle fries, which I'm a huge fan of. I used to insist on no dipping sauces at Chick-Fil-A, but then I tried Chick-Fil-A sauce and I was hooked....got to use some with each and every bite.

5. Checkers - They've got the seasoned fries that are delicious. They are always so hot and salty, good stuff. No need for a dip, they taste great by themselves.

6. Taco Mac - They've got some really good fries, they taste so good. And their ranch is the best. It doesn't really taste like regular ranch so if dipping stuff in ranch doesn't sound appealing you should give theirs a try anyway.

7. O'Charley's - Their fries are very similar to Taco Mac. I like the way they are seasoned and they have a great taste. Since O'Charley's has great honey mustard the combo is terrific.

8. Back Yard Burgers - To me their seasoned fries are a lesser version of Checkers. They are good but can be a little too potato-y and might need some ketchup.

9. Arby's - Arby's has two great fries, but the curly are better than the homestyle. I enjoyed dipping the homestyle in their honey mustard, the curly fries are good by themselves, with honey mustard, Arby's sauce, horsey sauce, or any or their sauces.

10. Wendy's - They have good fries, although many times they don't salt them enough. I don't like to use any dipping sauce with their fries. I have dipped them in a Frosty, which is okay but I'll just stick to no condiments with them for my meal.

11. McDonald's - I find Mickey D's to be absolutely disgusting, just thinking of eating there makes me want to puke...the smell is just terrible, BUT they have good fries. Their fries are always heavily salted and they are pretty tasty.

12. Krystal's - Basically Krystal's kicks out decent fries. Nothing to talk about, nothing to desire to eat, but it's not bad. They are good alone or with a dip. Very forgettable which can be a good or bad thing.

13. Captain D's - Their fries taste okay but they are so crusty, it's like an old booger. I guess they throw the fries in the same batter and fryer as the fish but why do so many seafood places have fries like this? I just dip them in the tartar sauce.

14. Hardee's - This is a classic example of not giving any thought to how your fries taste. It's not always all about the burger, put some effort into it. Eating these fries is basically just to make sure I'm full, ketchup is fine since they don't have any dipping sauces.

15. Burger King - The King's hamburger is way better than McDonald's, but their fries are not as good. How they can get away with such mediocre fries is beyond me, but if I'm eating them I prefer to have a dipping sauce...probably ketchup.

16. KFC - Basically KFC has potato wedges, they almost shouldn't be called fries but I'm including them. I enjoy a wedge every now and then but sometimes you take a bite out of one of theirs and it's all potato...thick and dry. Not that good but if their in front of me give me their ranch.

That's all I can really think of. I tried to keep it to chains, nothing too obscure.


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment