Wednesday, May 25, 2011

80s Country

Without a doubt the music I'm most into at the moment is 1980s country. I used to think that the country I liked to listened to stopped in the early 90s on the rewind machine. But I really like listening to the 80s country station on my TV, and I've purchased a few albums that I've enjoyed as well.

Maybe what I like about 80s country the most is more fiddle and steel guitar. It's more of the traditional country sound that what happened in the 90s and 00s. I like 70s country okay, but most of that doesn't really sound that great, and is really dated unlike most 70s rock. 80s country kind of blends 70s and 90s country together for a great sound.

The cool thing about digging up these vaults of music is that it's like a whole new area of music I didn't know was there...or I knew it was there but I didn't know I liked it. I just don't know why there aren't classic country stations that play 80s country. Theres rock and pop stations that play old songs, why do all the country stations stick to new music with maybe a song from the 90s mixed in every 10th song?

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment