Friday, November 19, 2010

College Football - Week 12

There seems to be a huge sentiment among the 'experts' in college football that Auburn will lose to Alabama next week and Boise State will play Oregon in the BCS Title Game. I'm glad people are opening up to the possibility of Boise playing for the title but I think this has more to do with people preparing for Auburn's demise. With all the speculation around Cam Newton there is no doubt that most people think he is guilty of the allegations. While people are saying the right thing, innocent until proven guilty, they know deep down which way they are leaning. So, I think a lot of people will be rooting for Alabama in the Iron Bowl because they don't want to see a possible tainted Champion. As far as the possibility of Auburn losing but still making it, I don't think so. Because of what I just said, if Auburn loses to Bama they are going to drop faster than a led zeppelin and probably land 6th or 7th in the polls...too far down to make it back.

I'm 1-0 already this week, Bama beat Georgia State. I also can't lose with Georgia, Auburn, and Kentucky because they are finally taking their bye week.

One would think South Carolina will get to enjoy Senior Day with an easy victory over Troy but I'm not sure it will be a route. Troy only lost at Oklahoma State, who is now #10 in the BCS, by 3 points in week 2. Still, South Carolina wins this game. The way Florida played last week who knows what could happen against Appalachian State but I think they'll find a way to get it done.

Tennessee should be able to take one more step towards bowl-eligibility this week at Vanderbilt. UT's always had Vandy's number and mostly because they are better, this year is no different even with the Vol's struggles. Tyler Brey looks like the real deal and I look for them to cover the nine point spread easily.

Ole Miss is going to Baton Rouge to have revenge taken out on them for the last two years. I don't give them a shot against what has turned out to be a good LSU team. Normally, this game is pretty close, but Ole Miss looks like they have quit, LSU is motivated from the last two years and I think this kick in the teeth will be just what the doctor ordered for a State fan like myself.

CBS may be playing the 'Magnolia Bowl' but the real game of the week is Arkansas at Mississippi State. That is just stating facts because both teams are ranked. Somehow this game gets pushed to the back-burner every year. Finally the SEC has a TV contract so it has to be televised. Arkansas is favored by three points and I think that is a fair spread. Knile Davis has emerged as a stud in the Hogs backfield and State will need to stop him to make them one-dimensional. Corey Broomfield played horrible at Bama and was a contributing factor is all three of their long touchdown runs...hopefully he will show up. I'm not so sure about this game, and for the first time this year I am going to pick against MSU. It will be a close game, but I'm not sure State has enough to defend Arkansas' weapons; Arkansas' offense may be better than Auburn's right now.

Virginia Tech over Miami, Iowa over Ohio State, Nebraska over Texas A&M.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment