Saturday, August 21, 2010

What If?

What if there was college football today? As I stated in my blog, "If I Were the King of College Football" on August 9th, I would allow for teams to play Division I-AA games on one of the two weekends before Labor Day weekend. So what if you were set to enjoy football today instead of roasting outside doing chores or flipping around the channels for something to watch.

Imagine half the teams in I-A playing today. That's 6 SEC teams, 6 Big 12 teams, etc. A real chance to check out what that team is going to have this year. Sure, the games wouldn't be that exciting...we know who's going to win, but it's football. And after 6 months of no pigskin its nice to see games that count...a better preseason than the NFL. And there will probably be a couple upsets this week and next, maybe Indiana or Rutgers takes a spill, could get interesting.

And hey, you can even go to the game if you want. Probably wouldn't be a hard ticket to get, but if you want to spend the day in the hot sun go ahead. I think this would be a good idea, and today I'd be looking forward to watching some games instead of wondering what to do with myself.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment