Sunday, August 1, 2010

August: The Month that Can't End Soon Enough

As the calendar turns over to August every year my thoughts are usually that I can't wait for the month to end. I have nothing against August, there is nothing bad that annually happens to me. There is just a collection of circumstances that lead me into the same old feeling, when is this month going to end?

First, the heat is terrible the first two weeks of the month. Every year, the first two weeks of August are the hottest days of the year. It's usually so hot you can't go outside.

Secondly, by the time August rolls around I've already had my Summer fun. The excitement of May when I was making my Summer plans had faded because I've already done those things in June and July. Now it's August, it's still hot and I'm ready for it to cool down.

Once it's August I know football season is near, and it's only going to come when August is finished. I love football season, and while talking about it throughout the Summer is nice, by August training camps it's at a fever pitch and I'm ready for it to get started!

All of these things make August one of the least desirable months. Come on September!

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment