Saturday, August 7, 2010

TV Shows

I enjoy watching TV. And while I like movies, I probably enjoy watching TV shows more than watching a movie. They are shorter, I enjoy character humor, and with the DVR I can watch the show almost every day, which during non-football months gives me something to do...especially in the summer.

I've watched a bunch of TV shows, many all the way through. I seen Seinfield, King of Queens, The Wonder Years, According to Jim, That 70s Show, Boy Meets World, Freaks & Geeks, Wings, Everybody Loves Raymond, 'Til Death and LOST from start to finish. There might be a couple more, I don't know. Currently, I'm making my way through Curb You Enthusiasm & My Boys and I've just started The Office. I also record How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, The Middle, and Modern Family.

My opinion on TV shows can be summed up that if I was going to make a TV show, it would be somewhere along the lines of Freak & Geeks. That was a great show because it was honest and funny, but there were no annoying laugh tracks. I am not so stupid that I need to be told when to laugh, I can pick up on subtle humor and I like that. Laugh tracks are awful and annoying, and a live studio audience can be even more annoying. And I like shows that I can relate to. The shows based in a New York City apartment are funny but I can't relate to that...I'm probably not supposed to but those episodes aren't memorable in the end.

As far as reality shows, they are pretty dumb for the most part. Unless it's on the History Channel, Discovery, Food Network, or another channel that doesn't follow worthless people while they do nothing then I'm probably not interested.

I like TV. The $75 for cable and a DVR is well worth the money considering what I'd do without it. I'd probably be more constructive, but that is for the weekends. Nothing like the TV to help you relax after work.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment