Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Ten years ago I was a senior in high school. I was just getting out of 1st period (which was P.E.), walking out of the locker room and the coach had a TV on.

In the coming weeks, I remember thinking that I would be ready and willing to fight overseas when I turned 18 (only a few months away).

But now, in 2011, there are two types of fights all true Americans must stand up for. The first are those terrorists from overseas who want to destoy this country. The second are the people who are citizens of this country but want to change it because they believe it is a flawed nation.

Every nation is flawed, because this is not heaven. But the United States of America is the greatest nation. We were founded on a solid footing, and this day should remind us that we need to clear away all those who don't like that footing, and are trying to chip away at it so they can change America into what they want. I'm proud to be an American, and I hope one day soon we'll have a president who is as well.


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment