Thursday, January 13, 2011

Supporting the President

In every Presidential election, you know who you want to win, and you know who you don't want to win. In 2008, I didn't want Obama to win. But he did. So after election night I supported him because he is the President of the United States of America.

However, after running all of the plays in the liberal playbook I had to back off my support. That's when I started to be upset with him and he lost me. Now the 2010 election has passed and a new congress will take office. I will support the president once again. I will support him because he has a chance to work with both parties to pass legislation that makes sense for everyone, not just liberals. The president is supposed to govern from the middle, hopefully the '10 election will force him to do that. However, if he chooses stalemate, then I will go back to not supporting him and I'll look forward to 2012 when America can elect someone else.

I think everyone should support the president regardless of if he is conservative or liberal. The fact is, the president should be respected and supported, because we are all Americans and working towards the sames goals of achievement and success. If the president goes overboard or flat out does not listen to both sides then I think the American people have the right to stop supporting the president and look towards different leadership.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment