Monday, January 30, 2012

Beard Gettin' It Done

I usually grow a beard in the winter time. Sometimes I keep it for two weeks, sometimes I keep it for two months...just depends on when I get tired of it.

I enjoy a beard when it's really cold out because it keeps the brutal winds from making your cheeks numb. This year I went ahead and grew one early in anticipation of an upcoming job in which I'd have to be outside a lot.

Well, the job was delayed. But I kept the beard. Then this winter turns into one of the mildest in recent memory. So now, it's the end of January and I'm thinking about shaving it but that job is about to finally get underway and I'm afraid if I do it will turn brutally cold.

Beards are the way to go when you spend a lot of time outside. Even in the summer they can soak up your sweat and keep the sun off your face. Unfortunately they don't always look or feel too good.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment