Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

I don't get into Halloween. I think it is pretty silly for a grown man or woman to dress up or decorate their house. I don't mean carving a pumpkin with your kid or trick or treating. But putting spider webs all over your yard and dressing up to pass out candy?

If you're going to a costume party...ok. But aren't you a little old for a costume party past college? Maybe it's just me, I haven't wanted to dress up for Halloween since I was a kid. Even in high school, I wouldn't even think about what to wear as a costume to school until the night before...and I would just give up and wear a flannel shirt to say I was a lumberjack. But really I wore flannel a lot anyway.

The dumbest thing to do is dress as a witch, or some other morbid thing. I don't know what the exact origins of Halloween are, but it's pretty synonymous with death, black magic, etc. Call me a square, but I'm not going to let my kids dress like the devil, or a witch or the grim reaper. I'm not into making Halloween an excuse to get weird.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment