Monday, December 20, 2010

Staying Up Late

I've heard people say that they want to stay up late on Friday and Saturday nights because they don't want to feel old.

To me, there is no reason in forcing yourself to stay up late so that you can feel young. What is the point of this exercise? In fact, why does anyone do anything just because it's what they did when they were younger and they don't want to let it go? If I don't want to do something, I don't do it. It's okay to adapt to life as you get older. If I'm tired on Friday night, I go to bed when I get sleepy.

There's no reason to hold on to your youth with the death grip because you're afraid of getting old. If you feel like doing what you did when you were younger then go for it, but if you don't want to do it then don't force it. People get older, it's what happens. The course of life can be enjoyable if you just embrace it.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment