Friday, July 22, 2011

The South

The southeastern United States is the greatest place on earth. Well, I have to imagine it to be that way. I've been as far west as Arizona, south as Mexico, and north as Boston. But the television brings me to other parts of the world and U.S., so I at least have some idea about them.

I love being from the South, people here talk the way I like, they believe in what I believe in, they do things I like to do. People up north or out west can live and do whatever they want to, but it ain't for me. I like sweet tea, college football, and warm weather.

When you look at a map of the United States on election night all the states in the southeast are red. All the states in the northeast are blue. The rest of the map is kind of scattered but we pretty much know how each state out there will vote with the exception of a few. Think about how far apart the states are. The distance from Alabama to New York is like England to Russia. How different are the Russians and the British? About as different as folks in Alabama and folks in New York.

Basically what I'm saying is the United States is a huge place and people in one area of the country are distinctly different from people in other areas. That is why state's rights are so important. And if the federal government and/or judicial system is going to make decisions for the entire country then maybe the south should secede from the Union.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment