Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tennis

I like to watch major tennis championships. And I would have to say that Wimbledon is my favorite to watch. I like the U.S. Open too, but the back half of it always cuts into football season so that gets overruled.

I'm always rooting for an American to win, which means I'm always rooting for Andy Roddick because he's pretty much been the only American who had a chance for the last 10 years. But then he gets eliminated in the 3rd round yesterday so I'm pretty much ending that hope.

I really wish an American would win a major championship. Roddick was the last one to do so when he won his one and only in 2003. The bad part about tennis is how predictable it is. Basically you can say, out of a 128 player field, there are only three players that can win: Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer. Maybe Andy Murrey has a shot, but you can probably put all your money down that no one outside those four will win. Still, watching the great players play is pretty amazing.


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment