Monday, June 20, 2011

Letting Friends Help You Out

One thing I have tried to accept lately is letting friends help me out. I used to always feel that if I asked someone to do something that it could be an inconvenience for them so I wouldn't ask. And I'm talking about friends and family, not strangers or acquaintances.

But that is a silly mindset. If you are sick, if you need help, or if you could just use a favor, I think you should ask a friend to help you out. What is the point of having friends if they will not be there for you? How many times do you hear from a friend, 'let me know if you need anything' or 'if I can help in any way let me know'? Well, when you needed help did you call them? Probably not, didn't want to impose. But the reason they offered was because they really would like to help, because they care about you.

If they were sick, needed help or a favor, would you help them out? Of course you would, you would be happy to help and feel honored that they would ask. So I think not only is asking a friend or family member for help appropriate, but it is respectful to them to give them the opportunity to help.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment