Wednesday, June 22, 2011

College Football Blues

It's late June. Time for the college football summertime blues. The magazines are out, now all there is left is talking about the season until it gets here. The feeling should reach a fever pitch once training camps start in August.

On January 19th I gave my way-to-early SEC predictions. I've avoided thinking about the upcoming season too much because I don't want to get too excited and then wish the summer away waiting for football. So here are my initial thoughts about 2011, subject to change before my final predictions to be released in mid-August.

EAST

I'm still going with Florida. Call it a hunch but I think Charlie Weis will turn John Brantley into a really good QB this year. We'll see what happens with Stephen Garcia but South Carolina will most likely be the consensus pick to win the division. I am looking at Vanderbilt to play some teams tough.

WEST

The west will once again be the tougher division. I think there are four top 20 teams and if Auburn can rebound from their team being absolutely gutted they could sneak into the Top 25. I have no idea right now who I will pick to win the division...all I do know is that it won't be Auburn or Ole Miss.


I will probably post some SEC football-related material at least once a week until I make my predictions in August so look forward to that.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment