Monday, August 26, 2013

2013 SEC Predictions

EAST

1. South Carolina, 11-1 (7-1) - I think the Gamecocks get back to Atlanta. Their schedule sets up a little better this year as Arkansas appears to be down and that's a game they always struggle in. This isn't a spectacular team, but they are solid and have been used to winning.

2. Florida, 10-2 (6-2) - The Gators are good once again, although I think they take a slight step down on defense, with a slight uptick on offense. They win the world's largest outdoor cocktail party (because jawja ain't winnin' 3 in a row) giving them the tie-breaker for 2nd place.

3. Georgia, 10-2 (6-2) - UGA has done to them what they did to USC the last two years - win that matchup only to go on to lose two conference games and be overtaken in the standings. The schedule is much more difficult this year.

4. Tennessee, 7-5 (4-4) - The Vols aren't back yet, just back to a bowl game. That game at Oregon is no good but the schedule isn't terribly difficult.

5. Vanderbilt, 7-5 (3-5) - Not really a step down. I think they win the opener vs. OM and go on to another solid season.

6. Missouri, 5-7 (1-7) - There is a good possibility they will upset one of the east teams this year, and maybe even OM who they have a off week to prepare for, but I can't pull the trigger on one. Gary Pinkel gets fired after the season.

7. Kentucky, 3-9 (0-8) - Plenty of excitement, not enough guns in Lexington.

WEST

1. Alabama, 12-0 (8-0) - The 2-time defending national champs have been given a cake walk to an undefeated season.

2. LSU, 10-2 (6-2) - The Tigahs have a brutal stretch from Week 4-8, so I've got them dropping one even though they are probably better than all the teams they play.

3. Texas A&M, 10-2 (6-2) - If Manziel plays I see them getting to 10 wins. The Bama game will be really tough though, and I don't give them much of a shot at Death Valley.

4. Mississippi State, 8-4 (4-4) - I don't see State beating both Oklahoma State and Auburn, or losing both either, so I went with a win over OSU. The Arkansas game was a tough call, but I gave the Dawgs the benefit of the doubt.

5. Ole Miss, 6-6 (3-5) - The first 7 games are so tough, it will be tough to get out better than 2-5.

6. Auburn, 6-6 (2-6) - They will be much better this year, lots of close games.

7. Arkansas, 3-9 (0-8) - I can't believe this is what I'm coming up with for the Hogs, but I am.

SEC Champ: South Carolina - just because I don't want Bama to win yet again.


No comments:

Post a Comment