Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Trees

If you really think about it, isn't it kind of weird for millions of civilized, well educated people to go buy an evergreen coniferous tree for $50-100, place it in their homes for a month and throw it away? The tree sheds all over the place, you have to water it, and in the hours immediately following installation you are rubbing sap off your hands.

But none of that is to say I am against Christmas trees. I'm not. Although in smaller living rooms they may cause your furniture to be out of order for a month. I like Christmas trees, even though I'm not sure they have anything to do with the Christian holiday.



Growing up we always had a real tree, so I figured that was the best way to go. Then, as I grew up I realized that paying for a tree is somewhat of a waste of money (see 1st paragraph). So artificial is my preference. No mess, and no annual expenses.

As far as decorations, I have never and would never like to see tinsel on my tree. That is ridiculous. Any ornament is fine, and I prefer the white lights instead of the colored ones. I could go either way on the angel or star at the top, but sometimes the angel could be creepy so a star is a safe bet.

There's my two cents on the Christmas tree. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment