Thursday, March 10, 2011

SEC Basketball Tournament

I've always enjoyed watching the SEC basketball tournament. The conference tournaments kind of serve as an appetizer to the NCAA Tournament and really signal the start of March Madness. I have fond memories of coming home from school on Thursday when I was a kid and the end of the first game was on. Then I'd spend the rest of the night watching the other games, but of course I usually had to go to bed before the last game. Not so on Friday, I got to watch all the games...and then Saturday and Sunday until a champion was crowned. It's pretty cool that you get all 12 teams playing in one location and in only 4 days you have a tourney winner.

This year's tournament is the only way my beloved Bulldogs can make it to the big dance. It has been the same way the last two years, although in those years I also held out hope that State could make it without winning the tournament. They did win it in 2009, and took #1 Kentucky into overtime in the championship game last year. This year, I know they only way to make it is by winning it all. The good news is State has a bye on Thursday so they would only have to win three games. I of course believe they can do it and I will pick them to do so. Here is how I see the rest of the games turning out:

Thursday:
Georgia over Auburn
Ole Miss over South Carolina
Arkansas over Tennessee
Vanderbilt over LSU

Friday:
Georgia over Alabama
Kentucky over Ole Miss
Florida over Arkansas
Mississippi State over Vanderbilt

Saturday:
Georgia over Kentucky
Mississippi State over Florida

Sunday:
Mississippi State over Georgia


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment