Friday, March 30, 2012

2012 Atlanta Braves

Another year...and the dream continues for me - a Braves fan. Maybe we'll win it all, who know, but there's always the hope of the new season.

I'm not going to say I'm super pumped about the season, I haven't had too much time to pay attention of spring training baseball. But I'll be ready come Thursday - Opening Day.

The Phillies, Marlins and Nationals are supposed to be better this year. So that means the Braves will have to step up their game since they are basically the same team this year.

C - Brian McCann
1B - Freddie Freeman
2B - Dan Uggla
SS - Tyler Pastranecky
3B - Chipper Jones
LF - Martin Prado
CF - Micheal Bourne
RF - Jason Heyward

Shortstop is the only change. Chipper will probably be hurt half the season so Erick Heinske and Matt Diaz will have to platoon in LF when that happens.

My prediction is 94-68 for the Braves. I think the pitching will be solid again. Tommy Hanson, Jair Jurrjans, Tim Hudson, Mike Minor, Randall Delgado, Julio Terahan, Kris Medlen - the Braves have a lot of arms.

My NL East predictions:

Phillies: 103-59
Braves: 94-68
Marlins: 92-70
Nationals: 88-74
Mets: 63-99


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment